Happy New Year from all of us at ONE. In March, we will be 10 years old, and we are very excited! In keeping with such a momentous anniversary, 2021 has already been a wonderful year and it’s only a few days old. Please make sure you visit all the students’ pages to see all the news, but here are some highlights:
- Sua has applied for a post-secondary scholarship to take some cosmetology classes in Managua, and we are only to happy to help! Sua has become the major breadwinner for her family after her mother’s death, and she is hoping to one day start her own business. She talks about going on to the university someday, but she may find she likes making people beautiful instead! Whatever she decides, we are very happy to support her.
- Michel has successfully finished her second year of the university, and we will be supporting her for her third year!
- All the students in Nepal sent us some wonderful holiday cards and letters. Despite the fact that they were studying remotely for so much of the year, they have persevered and are continuing on.
- In Mexico, Angela is starting her last semester of secondary school! Her grades continue to be stellar, and we couldn’t be prouder of her.
- We will be reviewing some new applications soon, and we are very excited to help some new students move forward in their lives!
Finally, if you would like to read it, our 2020 Annual Report is available on our Annual Reports page.
Thank you for a wonderful 2020. We look forward to watching more students graduate and move on into their future, and we look forward to welcoming more students into the ONE family!